Rocket Lawyer is a well known online legal services company boosting more than 20 million customers since their founding in 2008. They offer a variety of business legal services, but handle a very high volume of LLC formation requests.
Despite the crowding of the LLC formation market in recent years, Rocket Lawyer stands out as a tried and true company in the space.
We talked to previous customers about their experience with Rocket Lawyer, as well as used the service ourselves to put together a detailed review to help you make a more informed purchasing decision.
Pros & Cons of Rocket Lawyer
Pros of Rocket Lawyer LLC Formation Service:
- Broad range of legal offerings and document filing services. They have LLC formation promotions as well as offer a risk free trial to help new customers get started quickly and easily.
- RocketLawyer claims to be the most population online business service providers in the United States with more than 20 million verified customers. This level of volume puts them in a league with more well known brands like Legalzoom.
- Excellent customer services availability for 12 hours each weekday to answer any questions or concerns that arise.
- Very generous and fair satisfaction guarantee if you are unhappy with your purchase you can receive a 100% refund or site credit to resolve your issues.
- Amazing feedback across the board from previous clients and users.
Cons of Rocket Lawyer LLC Formation Service:
- Not the lowest price option on the market today, but fair for those looking for a professional team to handle company formation and other business needs.
Rocket Lawyer LLC Formation Pricing & Packages
Non-Member LLC Formation = $99.99
Preparation and Filing of Articles of Organization
These documents are required to be submitted to the state to officially form your company. This service will create and draft these documents to save you time and make sure things are done correctly the first time.
Business Name Availability Search
Rocket Lawyer will search through your formation state’s business database to see if your desired business name is available, or if it’s already claimed by another company and is already in use.
Online Business Document Storage
Electronic and scanned copies of your formation documents are available to your online through Rocket Lawyer’s platform.
Paper Copies of Documents Available
You will also receive physical copies of your formation documents in addition to the electronic document platform.
Customer Support Through Phone and Email
Access to Rocket Lawyer’s trained customer support professionals to answer and address any questions you have.
Member LLC Formation = Free (With $39.99/Month Subscription)
If you option to sign up for Rocket Lawyer’s legal subscription you will get an LLC formation package free as a new member promo. You are able to try out this service risk free for 7 days without having to commit.
While this formation package is no different than the non-member formation it does include additional features through the subscription service. These perks and features include:
- Legal Document Library and Legal Advice
- Live questions with a Registered Lawyer
- 30 Minute consultation for each new legal matter
- Discounts on related business and legal services
Final Thoughts & Conclusion on If Rocket lawyer Is Right for You?
Overall Rocket Lawyer is an excellent option for LLC service. They have a ton of customers and significant brand power, and they have impressive customer reviews as well.
While the service and formation package reputation is highly regarded the only downside is the need for an ongoing subscription, some business owners prefer to just pay for their formation a la cart to not have to worry about a rebilled subscription.
However if you feel you’d benefit from having access to chat with a lawyer on demand this is a no brainer company to work with.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rocket Lawyer LLC Formation
Is Rocket Lawyer Legit?
Definitely, they are one of the largest and most well respected players in the LLC formation space with tens of millions of satisfied customers and overwhelming positive feedback since the late 2000’s.
How Does Rocket Lawyer Compare to Other LLC Services?
They are unique in the fact than instead of paying for a specific formation package, a free formation is included with their ongoing lawyer member service compared to LegalZoom, Northwest, IncFile, ZenBusiness, Swift Filings, MyCompanyWorks, CorpNet, Inc Authority, & other.
Does Rocket Lawyer Offer Any Discounts?
Yes, a free LLC formation is included with all new member signups
How is Rocket Lawyer’s Customer Support?
Excellent, they offer 12 hour customer support on weekdays to answer all your questions and concerns that arise.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
Yes Rocket Lawyer offers a flexible refund policy within the first 30 days.
Yes, technically you can however many beginner and more experienced entrepreneurs prefer to utilize a professional LLC formation service to save time and make sure everything is up to par.